A microwave is a student’s best friend. Trust me, it really is, especially after you’ve tried this recipe.
Text: Yati Chen
For this recipe, you can prepare from home without the liquid (water) in your microwavable food container. You only need to add the water before you microwave it. The perfect volume of your lunch box for this recipe is 400 ml.
The ingredients are very students’ wallet- and vegan-friendly. But of course, if your carnivore’s desire is on the rise, you can add any kind of cooked meat, such as chicken salad meat or meatballs.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 10 cubes of frozen spinach
- 3 tablespoons of sweet corn (canned or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 small cube of meat bullion (substitute with vegetable bullion for vegan)
- 1 teaspoon of butter (margarine/olive oil/sesame oil for vegan)
- 150 ml of water
- Put all the ingredients in a microwavable container (volume at least 400 ml). Separate the water if you are preparing for lunch box
- Add water and microwave on highest power for 3 to 5 minutes (works with all microwaves in the university and student housings)
- Stir and enjoy
For the best result, prepare the ingredients the night before in the lunch box and put it in the fridge (not the freezer) to let the frozen ingredients thaw a little, so that you only need no longer than 3 minutes to warm them up on the next day.